Differences between CP/NC and ZCN
For a more detailed overview, see the
CHANGES file of the
- Console screen layout changed from 120x10 to 80x8, fontsize increased
from 4x6 to 6x8.
- The console now emulates a DEC VT52 terminal.
- Added IOBYTE support.
- Added standard CP/M external commands.
- Increased TPA size by 2K bytes.
- First file download during installation now uses XMODEM instead of
- ERA prompts before erasing *.*.
- REN expects arguments as new=old.
- Error message are shorter, like ?.
- The CCP prompt is no longer configurable.
- Control characters can now be input on the console.
- ^C is interpreted during console output.
- ^S and ^Q stop and resume console output.
- ^X and ^U discard the buffer in the BDOS Read
String function (^X also erases the line).
- SUB files no longer work as commands (you have to use SUBMIT).
- Commands are no longer searched on drive A: when not found on
- The console is now too slow for 9600 baud.
Removed: mouse support, all ZCN-specific BDOS routines, most
internal CCP commands, screen dump support, dynamic allocation
of system blocks, too many small things to be listed here.